Thursday, March 15, 2018

Guest Designer - Jess Madaglia

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the 'Knock on Wood' challenge, Jess Madaglia.  Jess was the top pick for the 'All You Need Is Love' challenge and can be found on her blog, Two Mad Dahlias.


Hi, My name is Jess Madaglia. I am a Boston girl now living in Arizona with my husband, daughter, and four kitties. I am a mixed media artist that specializes in grunge and snark. I'm a retail manager by day and a crafter by night.



I created a spring tag inspired by the warm weather we’ve been having here in Arizona. I used a medium sized Tim Holtz etc tag as my base and added wood elements in the form of a Tom Holtz Ideaology ruler, a vignette box, and a framed panel. Lots of flowers can be found blooming all over the tag.

I used Distress crayons (Vintage Photo, Black Soot, and Walnut Stain), Distress paints (Picket Fence, Black Soot, and Tarnished Brass), Distress markers (Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, and Broken China), Distress Collage medium, Tim Holtz wallflower paper, Tim Holtz typography letters, Prima flowers, vintage flowers, cheese cloth, Tim Holtz decorative tape (Rose), Tim Holtz industrious stickers, Tim Holtz alcohol ink (mushroom and gold), Distress spray stain ink (tea dye and walnut stain), Ideaology beaded berries, Ranger texture paste, and a Scalloped Mandala stencil from The Crafters Workshop.


* * *
For more details on how Jess made this fabulous creation full of Tim Holtz products, just pop on over to her blog. When you have finished checking it out, come on back and share something that you have created with wood in the 'Knock On Wood' challenge, which can be found HERE and runs until 11:55 pm on Tuesday, March 27th.

The Funkie side of the Design Team will be back on March 21st with more inspiration for you and there will be a new Showcase to check out on Saturday so be sure to take a look.

16 comments:

  1. Jess this is such a stunning piece!! The combo of flowers and the Eiffel Tower are perfect for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful adorned tag Jess! Love the whole romantic Spring theme with those roses, the Eiffel Tower and the wonderful textured background. Thank you for joining us as a Guest Designer here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, this is so incredibly beautiful! I just love every wonderful detail. Great to have you and thank you for this inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a gorgeous tag Jess!! I love the textured background you created and the whole design of your piece is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe this is a tag Jess! Beautiful!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jess, this is amazing! I love the grungy romance thing! And I'm digging your sunglasses! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this time--we are blessed! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sunglasses. I have quite the collection. Thanks for liking my project!

      Delete
  7. Loving the dimensions on ur Tag!!
    And thouroughly enjoying the snarkiness & ur shades, gurl!!
    We def have things in common... 👊😎❤️ #boom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tag Jess. Love all the details and those flowers are just divine! So great to have you as Guest Designer. <3

    ReplyDelete