Thursday, February 16, 2017

Guest Designer - Trace Metcalfe

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for this challenge, Trace Metcalfe. If Trace is a familiar face you are correct as she was part of the Frilly and Funkie Design Team. You can find her fabulous work on her blog Inkypinkycraft.


I have been a crafter for many years and love all things vintage and distressed and am hugely inspired by Tim Holtz. I love his products, he is a huge inspiration to me and I don't know where my crafting toady would be without distress !

For family reasons I have had to take a step away from blogging, designing for teams and magazines but crafting is never far from my heart . I have made a resolution , to allow myself a little time in blogland each week to indulge myself and was thrilled to earn this spot with my first blog post in 6 months . I love these stolen inky moments.

My style is mostly vintage and I do love my browns. I am always happy when my fingers are inky and crafting is definitely something that makes me happy.


My project for this theme, surprisingly has very little brown , but still a vintage feel - despite the splashes of colour - a rarity for me .

I started with one of the new Tim Holtz thickboard tags, medium size and set too creating layers of texture paste, distress paint and lots of yummy distress crayons.

I then added collage medium and layers of ephemera, scuffed and inked to add texture.


For the bursts of tropical colour I added some tropical blooms , coloured with abandoned coral..but did sneak a bit of walnut stain around the edges! Plenty of Idea-ology and some hand dyed seam binding complete my piece.
* * *
Trace has created a tropical beauty that is sure to make you yearn for a warmer climate. If you want to learn more about her wonderful tag, click here to be taken to her blog. Once you are finished checking out all the eye candy you will find there, come on back and share your creation for the Out of the Cold challenge. You have lots of time as it is open until February 28th at 11:55 pm EST.

26 comments:

  1. thanks for having me as guest designer - I am thrilled to be here :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO wonderful to have you back with us Trace and WOW! what a fantastic totally tropical Tim tag!!! Taking it to another level with this one - it makes me want to head off to Hawaii right now!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Jenny - I am thrilled to be here, if only briefly xx It feels great to be back and thanks for having me :) x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tag! Love the tropical punches of colors on your gorgeous background! Thanks for Guest Designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks it is a wonderful opportunity x I have loved it xx

      Delete
  4. Your tropical tag is an absolute delight Trace and it is so lovely that you can find a few moments to create too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I'm trying to make myself find some little stolen moments to get inky xx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the color combo...bring on those lazy hazy crazy days of summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that tag. I also like browns, vintage colours, but I also love turquoise with the browns and even a splash of orange every now and then. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an inspiration! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tag, it's so tropical and beachy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trace, I was so excited to see you win with your first blog post in 6 months, and now to see this beautiful tag! Your colors and collage pieces just scream a tropical vacation to me! Love it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tag thrills me to no end! I love the floral dies and the color you used, certainly a breath of spring! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous tag Trace - I adore the combination of colours! Lovely to see you here at F&F creating again. I miss your work! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks so much x I miss creating, so it was a thrill to be back xx

      Delete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous, Trace! Somehow I saw this on your blog before I even realized it was your Guest DT project here-lol. It's so gorgeously vintage and springtime fresh. Just looking at it has me sooooo ready for beach season!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beachy feeling tag!! Super image and mixed media!

    ReplyDelete