Saturday, November 10, 2012

Step x Step : Kraft flower

Hello and welcome to today's Step x Step ! It's Sue here and today I'm sharing one of the many Birthday cards I need to make. I have lots of family birthdays at this time of year and I always seem to be playing catch up !



I started by making a master sheet using Archival Vermillion ink and Kraft card, I love this combination !


The stamp I used is an old Stampin' Up one from the Baroque Motif set.


I cut three flowers from the sheet using  PaperArtsy dies.


Blended Aged Mahogany Distress Ink around the edges of all the flowers.


Then I cut almost down to the centre of all the flowers to create the petals.


Using my finger for the large flower and a pencil for the smaller flowers I shaped the petals.


I layered the flowers making sure the petals were offset, it looks better if they're not all lined up.


I used a Dyan Reavely stencil (please ignore the blue, I'm not very good at cleaning my tools!) with some more Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.


I love the Aged Mahogany on the Kraft card.


For the background I've used white card stock and blended Distress Inks over it and then stamped the flourish in Vermillion ink and the text in black Archival ink.


The main image and sentiment have been stamped onto the large tickets which are cut from Kraft card.


The gorgeous lace is the May Arts crocheted lace which I love and Linda sells in the Funkie Junkie boutique. I added a button to the centre of the flower to finish off.


14 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card, love the Kraft and that flower is quite stunning and I love how you brought all the elements together, it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love that flower, I'm going to have to use that idea, thanks for the tutorial. It's project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, beautiful background and gorgeous flower ( I forgot I had that die, now where is it ?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inky layers, Sue! Love that red and how pretty is that flower? I forgot all about that SU stamp and how perfect it is for the background! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Sue. I love the style of your card and thanks for sharing the how to x very inspirational
    Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous step-by-step, Sue, thank you - and that flower is so fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue
    Thanks for the step by step on the flower it is a lovely one to use when you want something just a little larger than most.

    I love the card and how you have pulled it all together.

    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic step by step Sue. Love the combo of kraft and red - a match made in heaven. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Sue!!! I love the background flourish image! The tickets are just icing on this cake...fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card Sue. Thanks for the step by step tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiul and great card Sue.
    Thanks fo showing how you made it.

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a glorious combination of designs and textures. Love the colors and that flower is a knock out! Really cool work with the ticket die cuts too! Super SxS!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card - beautifully made. I sure do appreciate your tutorial!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Sue and thanks for the tutorial. That Vermillion ink is my favourite red having bought one recently. That stencil is wonderful too and now on my list!
    x

    ReplyDelete