Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Step x Step:Snowflake Rosette Tag

Good morning F&F friends  I am sharing today's step x step.  I have made a tag, you know Linda is challenging us to the 12 Tags of Christmas, I hope you can join us here.  I was inspired by the snowflakes.  I wanted to make snowflake rosettes  very cute I think!  



I have cut out the rosettes using the Tim Holtz Mini Rosettes Die.  I luv placing all of my elements on my work table; this is the designing process and most of us luv it! 



I have folded all of the rosettes and glued the circle pieces to the rosettes.  I cut the snowflakes from a heavy duty watercolor paper, I luv he texture of this paper. 


I am adding the Tim Holtz glitter here....did I tell ya how much I luv this glitter..... A LOT!


Here is my tag, after I have used the Tim Holtz distressed stain.


I stamped the tree image, luv these trees!  Added the piece of burlap and stitched it place.  Preparing to place the rosettes and add the ribbon and burlap bow.    


A perfect Christmas tag, especially for the men in your life.  Not super fancy, but yet very homey and handmade.  Be sure to stop by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and check out the new arrivals and must have tools, stamps, ink, and embellies!




8 comments:

  1. Love it! what a great job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific StepxStep, Teresa! Love those rosettes and yours look awesome with the polka dots! And isn't that glitter sensational? Your tag is so beautiful with the vintage sepia tones and that burlap is the frosting on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful tag Teresa, the rosettes look beautiful with their snowflakes and love the trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag in the non-traditional colors .Thanks for sharing the mini-tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage feel to this Christmas tag! Fabulous rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag - a joy to discover I'm allowed to "do" Christmas in brown!! Great inspiration and step-by-step, thank you...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Teresa...so elegant yet simple! Love your materials and the stitching...really adds fabulous texture! Great stamped image as well, and then the rosettes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag Teresa
    Thanks for the mini tutorial

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete